An introduction to tenancy sustainmentPrint course
An introduction to tenancy sustainment
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
This course is for housing practitioners with responsibility for tenancy sustainment who contribute to supporting customers in their tenancy including housing officers and staff dealing with specialist functions (E.g. Allocations, arrears, anti-social behaviour & complaints)
It looks at how to improve avoidable tenancy failures and helps housing staff to develop tools to improve tenancy sustainment, decrease evictions, abandonments and early tenancy termination.
- Allocations policy
- Vulnerable customers
- Housing options
- Offering properties
- Pre-tenancy advice in practice
- Financial capability checks
- Welfare benefits and income maximisation
- Customer Intelligence
- Ongoing support and relationships
- Spotlight on first tenancy issues
- The role of external partners
- Sustaining existing tenancies
- Understand the importance of establishing good relationships with new tenants and how to grow your current relationship with current tenants.
- You should be able to create tools to identify vulnerabilities which could impact on tenancy sustainment and reduce homelessness, arrears, abandonments, evictions and early terminations.Increased knowledge of how ASB and other factors can affect tenancy sustainment.
- Increase your knowledge of tenant financial capability and what measures to take to improve financial outcomes for the organisation and the tenant.
- How to promote early intervention in arrears cases to increase tenancy sustainment and decrease arrears.
- Learn how partnership working can improve tenancy outcomes
Trainer: Angela Spence