Factoring essentialsPrint course
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Note: this course is currently under review. Please contact SHARE.
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is aimed at individuals who are either new to factoring or wish to obtain a basic grounding of property management within Scotland.
- A basic guide to factoring in Scotland including finance and debt recovery, repairs and maintenance, communication and complaints.
- An introduction and overview of the factors ‘rules’ – property title deeds and deeds of conditions, including training on how to read and understand these documents.
- An introduction to building maintenance including an understanding of who owns what part of the building and who is responsible for its maintenance.
- Introduction to the legal framework including the Property Factors (Scotland) Act, Tenements (Scotland) Act and the Title Conditions (Scotland) Act.
- Overview of other important legislation for factors including health and safety legislation, consumer credit law and limitations on time to recover arrears.
- An overview of the importance of getting it right and the implications of a referral to the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland including review of recent cases of complaints against both RSL’s and local authorities, and the role of the Scottish Housing Regulator for Factors.
- Have a good basic understanding of factoring in Scotland
- Have a sound knowledge of how to interpret property titles and deeds
- Understand building management
- Be aware of the legislation and regulation underpinning these services
- Understand how to ensure compliance in service delivery