Child support and protectionPrint course
Child support and protection
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £175.00 / Non-Members £275.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
A one day session for staff working with families where children may be at risk of harm, including housing managers, housing officers, Neighbourhood housing management officer, Anti-social behaviour teams, Community wardens, Repairs officers and estate-based staff
The purpose of this session is to look at and discuss the issues and implications of Child Protection policies and procedures as it relates to protecting children and how concerns can be communicated to the appropriate staff
- Understand current legislation relating to the protection of children
- Understand the different categories of child abuse
- Understand the definition of a child in need or a child at risk of significant harm
- Understand the possible indicators of a child being at risk of, or being harmed
- Understand the referral pathway and response timelines for children being harmed or at risk of being harmed
- Understand issues of confidentiality
Trainer: Allan Johnston