Crucial conversationsPrint course
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who's it for and what's it about?
Managers, team leaders and professionals who need to make timely, effective interventions under duress and who are likely to be required to have challenging conversations with colleagues and clients to gain commitment and cooperation.
This course provides you with the opportunity to explore your ability of holding crucial conversations. A range of different techniques will be investigated through the use of practical examples that will encourage you to make clear, focused and timely interventions when the need for a crucial conversation arises.
The course gives you the skills to deal with handling conflict in the workplace and identify how to generate more positive results through an effective exchange of dialogue.
Objectives – The Benefits to You and Your Organisation
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise how to hold challenging conversations to address a variety of issues
- Identify trigger points and learn about impulse control
- Use conversation and collaboration to resolve differences of opinion
- Reduce the occurrence of conflict using the SUGAR model and questioning techniques
- Recognising conflict
- Tools to identify conflict
- Seeing the situation through others eyes
- ABC Model
- Impulse control
- SUGAR Model to achieve positive outcomes
- SCARF Model to maintain relationships
- Positive influencing
- Interpersonal skills and interpretation of body language signals
- Looking at Behaviour under Stress
Managing yourself whilst having a challenging conversation
- Social skills of listening and empathy
- Key questions that you must ask to gain insight
- Indicators that acceptance is being reached
- Case studies – analyse, think through and identify the most appropriate approach to several situations were a challenging conversation is critical
Trainer: Brian Hutcheson