Finance - an introduction (HAIAN)Print course
Finance - an introduction (HAIAN)
Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, G31 1QW
Members £95.00 / Non-Members £195.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
Ensuring financial health of the housing association and co-operative is an important role for the Committee/Board and members much be aware of how this works within the organisation. This session will provide information on the main forms of income and expenditure as well as how the Committee/Board can monitor the organisations financial wellbeing.
You will have the opportunity to review a variety or reporting practices and consider the importance of budgeting, rent setting and financial planning.
- An overview of the finances of an RSL
- The role of the Committee/Board in monitoring the financial health of the RSL
- Budgeting, rent-setting and financial planning
- Private finance in RSLs
- Accounting practices and procedures
- Bank Covenants, loans and financial risk
- Describe the main forms of income and expenditure
- Identify how the Committee/Board can monitor the financial health of the RSL
- Understand the importance of budgeting, rent-setting and financial planning
- Explain the role of finance in housing associations and co-operatives
- Discuss various Financial Reporting practices
- Achieve greater awareness of current pension costs and risks
- Appreciate the complexities of Component Accounting
- Recognise the implications of FRS102/2014 SORP
- Increase your knowledge of complying with all bank covenants
Trainer: Gary Dalziel