Budgeting for busy managersPrint course
Budgeting for busy managers
Bob Allan Conference Centre, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Members £160.00 / Non-Members £260.00
No dates for this event.
|Date:||No dates for this event.|
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is for managers who have budgetary responsibilities for their department and who want to improve their understanding of both the budget process and the importance of budgeting and budget monitoring within housing associations and co-operatives. The main focus of the day will be to consider how a budget is created from start to finish.
The course includes:
- Creating a budget
- Information required and from which parts of the organisation
- Key role of other staff involved in the process
- Different approaches to building the constituent parts of the budget
- Style and content of budget documents
- How the budget links to the Business Plan/Internal Management Plan and the annual rent setting processes
- The day will include the theory alongside practical group exercises.
By the end of this session participants will have developed an understanding of:The importance of budgeting and budget monitoring
- An outline of a typical budget process and budget cycle
- Information required to create the budget
- Who should be involved?
- The role of the Committee/Board
- The importance of and approach to ongoing budget monitoring and financial control
- The relationship between the budget and the Internal Management Plan and Business Plan processes
Trainer: Brian Hutcheson